Thread: My B'rel
View Single Post
Lieutenant
# 37
11-12-2012, 03:55 PM
I just had a thought as well... After learning about the disparity between using the plasma torp consoles to boost kinetic damage versus using the energy weapon plasma consoles to boost the plasma burn I have come to wonder what sort of input people have as to which is more efective.

The raw kinetic boost wuality is pretty obvious. it gives a nice per-hit bonus to every torp fired, but of course shields mitigate a lot. While the plasma burn would seem better because the damage boost bypasses that shield entirely as a dot, but of course the player has time to counter it with raw heals or of course remove it entirely with hazard emitters- which -everyone- carries as it is one of the essntial abilities.

So I guess my question is... Which one do you guys think is more valuable? I'm still waffling between the two as it looks like one of those 'six of one, half a dozen of the other' situations. :-P

Edit---------------

Oop... nevermind. I did some testing and those statements I found elsewhere appear to be false- or corrected with a patch or something. with the energy weapon consoles, the burn did 163 per tick in my testing while with the ambiplasma consoles the damage was 258 per tick. Dihlemma solved.

Last edited by espiritas; 11-12-2012 at 11:00 PM.