View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-13-2012, 02:33 AM
I don't care about exploits if they're incidental to an otherwise good and well written mission. If someone writes a Fed oriented Ferth... Fthi... Fthlrerk... Klingon demon mission that addresses the in-universe subject well and is just a good mission regardless of accolades to be had... then I don't care if it lets people get an accolade they ordinarily couldn't. The means justify the ends, so to speak: if you wrap your exploit up in a spankin' good mission, you've earned it, IMO.

Missions that are just "Go to teh plananet and shoot all the doodz,. Theys lots of dem and you gets they stuff an lots XP", those I have no sympathy for. I feel nothing either way for them or those who mourn them. Chaff in the wind.

If self-completing missions like the ones you describe do emerge, they'll likely eventually be addressed in the same way and for the same reason as the clickies. The fact that the clickies are being directly addressed like this indicates the devs do consider such shenanigans worth their attention, so I'm not too worried about that.

Last edited by connectamabob; 11-13-2012 at 02:37 AM.