View Single Post
Career Officer
# 5
11-13-2012, 06:13 AM
I have been present for dozens of mmo launches. I can think of two that were smooth, and I have yet to see one launch without a playerbase bemoaning the fact that it launched as a glorified beta and incomplete, right up to the day they close. In fact, I can't recall any launching fully featured even in the eyes of the devs.

That said, we were clearly rushed, and I do agree the only content that "counts" in the minds of many vocal players is story arcs.

From this outsider's point of view, Atari was bleeding off profits to save its skin, and pwe seems to be hell bent on putting profits before integrity, while at the same time cranking up funding over the course of the last year. S6 and now S7 are clearly well funded undertakings, just not in the story-arc department, which as stated remains how a large, vocal contingent measure content... myself included.

I think we all see how massive additions and changes like Fleet Progression and Reputation will ultimately improve the longevity of the game, but the Featured story arcs were so entertaining that we feel let down without them. Rep is the next years worth of long term content. But it needs to bob balanced against a story mission arc to keep us happy now, too. Would much rather play out the story behind S7 than read it in the blog.
Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
Starbase 5-5-4-4 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.