# 38
11-13-2012, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeballs View Post
2008 computer,
Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q6700
6 GB memory
Nvidia GeForce 9500GS

Seriously? This computer is considered subpar. It hasn't been upgraded at all, the memory and everything is still stock.

Either you don't know what you are talking about or you don't have a subpar computer.

I'm sorry, but this map has no problems with me whatsoever. Aside from feeling disoriented when playing it the first time, I have no lag or anything. The 20-fleet players map is still what lags me, but that's it.

This map doesn't need to be touched. Leave it as is. If your computer sucks, then get a new computer. Mine was "average" in 2008, it is considered "old" right now in late 2012.

So in all honesty, your computer isn't subpar. It is terrible.
You're either lying or you are running the game at the absolute lowest graphics settings.

With the highest-end PC, on highest graphics settings, solar wind is not staying on 60+fps.

You obviously do not know much about how stuff works, this game is simply limited and unoptimized, and doesn't take full use of a new end PC's full resources.

So you can have a high end PC 10 years in the future, this game will still not be able to run 60+ fps smoothly in alot of areas.

For the "Solar wind works fine for me" statement, is a bit relative depending on your graphics settings etc. and what FPS you think is reasonable, for me, having a high-end PC which should run most NEWER games (which should be much more resource hungry on my CPU/GPU) it is not acceptable for this kind of game to drop below 60 fps and only using 40-60% of your CPU/GPU resources simply because its unoptimized.

Anything below 60 fps is not acceptable for me because I personally notice it, as much as I notice the difference between 4x and 8x AA (which doesnt work in this game unless you force it manually with some third party program).

Last edited by marctraiderz; 11-13-2012 at 10:30 AM.