View Single Post
Career Officer
# 311
11-13-2012, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchintime View Post
The foundry designers believe that the change is a good thing as it will get their missions played more. Do not bet on it. There a couple of problems that I find with the foundry missions. I think the search is useless. There should be some method for tagging the missions that can be searched, ground, space, race of enemy, sector. Next there is little reward outside the daily officer reports. So it only rewards playing the shortest mission possible. If there is now a method of creating an end mission reward then it could be worth it. I think some control of the rewards based on what is encountered and how difficult it was to resolve. Last I think the Foundry itself is a poor tool. Considering the number of maps used in the game the number available for missions is pitiful. There is no way to design your own interior map. If you want a simple office the player goes to to start the mission you are out of luck. All that was done was to make it harder to get dil not improve the Foundry in any way.
The change in the investigate officer reports is primarily to stop the exploit. Getting more players to play the Foundry missions themselves was not the point.

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan