View Single Post
Commander
# 8
11-13-2012, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stofsk View Post

Also I am reminded of how the Defiant handled its cloaking device in the actual show... and there were plenty of times when it would have been handy for her to cloak and get out of dodge, but it seemed particularly sensitive to battle damage. In 'Way of the Warrior' its cloak was knocked out of comission when Sisko beamed Dukat and the Detapa council off their stricken vessel. In 'Sacrifice of Angels' attrition and piled-up battle damage had 'fried' it when they could really have used it to escape a desperate melee. Other times when they've used the cloak tactically was for the 'alpha-strike-immediately-upon-decloak' thing which they did in 'The Die Is Cast' and 'Way of the Warrior'.

So really I don't have a problem with the Defiant not having battlecloak. It fits the canon better IMO.

I feel the need to mention this if it already has been apologies. That being said on to the episode you quote 'way of the warrior'. The reason why the ships cloak was knocked out was cause sisco lowered the defiants shields, to beam dukat and the rest of the cardies on board allowing the klingons to shoot up the ship. The cloak on board was on loan from the romulans whose cloaking technology was more advanced then klingon cloaking tech. other episodes mentioned the ship had taken so many hits i'm supprised it helds together.

And lastly i don't remember the defiant having to wait to go off red alert to cloak.

I dont have much of a opinion on this topic on weather this should be added

but i needed to address that subject