View Single Post
Ensign
# 9
11-13-2012, 11:17 AM
Appreciate input! I offer the below to give my reasons for some of the odd choices, not to tell anyone that they are wrong and I am right.

Im running 3 DOFFs for EPTX, and 2 for Brace for Impact Looked at an Aux2Batt build, but the extra clicking was alot to handle.

Why all the hate on 2xRSP? Theyve let me run an RSP-BFI-RSP-BFI with essentially a full shield refresh every 2 minutes. Ive been playing in pugs, and getting focused by 3-4 people with no support from my teammates happens... constantly. I've not been doing a good job of surviving that without an RSP available.

I was running TSS... but I fould the shield heal pretty minimal in the face of Angry Bug DPS. Either as a self heal, or another heal, even with full Aux... it just didnt seem to do enough healing to help. Id slap it on other people to try to save them, and didnt seem to make as much difference as a Tractor did to help keep attackers off arc. Active rather than passive mitigation.

I notice some people recommend major ranks in Energy Weapons Specialization... do you feel the extra crit and crit severity are worthwhile on an Enginner? Lacking all the free crit goodies they give the Tacticals, and given that Crit Chance and Crit Severity are multiplicative, it seems that Crit is either a 'go big or go home' sort of state... suggesting a Tactical Officer and Antipolarons.

As for STFU and Lrn2Heal... I tried a healspec Neggy, and enjoyed it well enough... but I felt like the heals I contributed (even specced, running aux, etc.) didnt match up with the DPS that even a single good DPS ship would put out, and that I was contributing more by pressuring that DPSer, so that they couldnt spend their time merrily lining up people and one-pass-killing them.