View Single Post
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 53
# 14
11-13-2012, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
It's kind of scary someone who has stayed monthly sub from the beginning like you have is ready to pull the plug - I know everyone will say people always do it every new season - I just get the feeling this time it's different some how.

Ranting is fine - they don't mind that - but when it turns to disillusion and apathy - then there is a REAL problem brewing.
I know!!!!

I have never been one to complain and have always been a real advocate for Star Trek Online, usually deflecting the complainers at ESD who were whining about the most recent real or imagine slight to their F2P lifestyle.

Along with the uninterrupted subscription fees (do the math 30+ months @ $15 versus the $200 grandfather deal the most recent LTS got) I've bought Cryptic points (and their unholy cousin the Zen point) on numerous occasions and had no problem supporting Cryptic after the move to F2P.

Heck, I didn't even complain about the Lock Box Flavor of the Month, I saw it as STO's lottery tickets and someone will always buy those hoping to get rich quick. I even bought a few keys from C-Store and figured that if it kept the game I enjoyed going for another year, it was a necessary evil.



But this has really bugged me. One problem is the almost total absence of any developer acknowledgement of the growing discontent of long time players in the run-up of Season 7.

There were a couple of large threads with 95% dissatisfaction over the Duty Officer dilithium increase (the other 5% were the usual naysayers and meme's "can I have your stuff" types) with not a single response from anyone with a Cryptic tag.


When I found out that they were nerfing the Officer Reports daily during the latter stages of testing Season 7 (I heard about it a couple of days ago in ESD and found it in the November 8th Tribble Patch notes), I was really saddened by what seems like another attempt to limit the amount of dilithium (and 50 fleet marks) one can readily get without having to spend HOURS upon HOURS a day grinding.


Like I said in my first post, I'm on the fence and teetering dangerously...
--
No Star Trek Series went past Season 7.

Will Star Trek Online survive Season 7?