Thread: Fairness in PvP
View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 57
11-13-2012, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfomega View Post
Yes, I was agreeing with you.. "where in all that does STO fail"... In addition to your summary, I was also adding moral/ethical concerns.... i.e. if cryptic has become a powercreep that is gouging the player base for money and their methods (some of them very questionable) in doing so.
Ah, I misread you.

Anyhow, yes, I also feel Cryptic has crossed a few lines. Both in the demand of time/money spent (the two are virtually the same in STO), and the presence of single mechanics that upset the synergy and balance enough to ruin fun when used. That said, (mostly from what I hear) STO is by no means the worst game on the market when it comes to this...

I am worried tho, at the increasing need to spend time/money to be competitive. If it was only time, it wouldn't be so bad, as most people would be held back. The concept of buying time with money allows many players to skip ahead, and this means those who have better access to time than money will be spending all that grind-time at a disadvantage. And that seriously reduces the fun.