View Single Post
Captain
# 4
11-14-2012, 03:12 AM
This.

Exactly this.

I, as a casual player, now pretty much have to choose what parts of the game I want to progress in.
I can go for contributing to my small fleet's starbase.
I can try to get somewhere contributing to our fleet's embassy.
I can go for dilithium, to trade in for zen and buy c-store stuff.
I can go do stf's to progress in omega rep.
I can go do Romulan stuff for that rep.
Or I can try and get some ec's, which are needed for 4 out of 5 of these.

As it was, one could easily get by on 1-2 hours every day or even every other day, and feel like accomplishing something. Now, not so much. There is no way for me to do all of that and still make any sort of progress towards reaching the goals in a reasonable amount of time.

I've already decided not to be bothered with embassy stuff, or further starbase development. The rewards, while nice, such as the new science consoles, are just not worth it.

I guess I'll try to get my Romulan and Omega rep to t2 or 3, depending on how the demands scale, and settle for mk x gear from their pricey stores and about half of the new captain skills/skill bonuses.

I'm glad I got some decent gear pre-change, or I would've been pretty much excluded from any dabbling in competitive play I might like to do every once in a while.

Edit: also, this pretty much bombs simultaneously progressing on 2 alts for me. I can not manage to do all of these things on 3 characters, within the time I have. I simply can't.

Last edited by twam; 11-14-2012 at 03:16 AM.