View Single Post
Ensign
# 43
11-14-2012, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoustar View Post
INDEED!

Season 7 is 100% clearly a decision made in the boardroom to increase revenue and strangle the enjoyment of free play.

This does not mean that casual players can't have fun. It means serious players who used to earn dil/ec from STF's (an enjoyable challenge) are now forced to do extremely dull, pointless, no-tactic Fleet Events or, far more importantly, SPEND SPEND SPEND.

I believed in this game and, as such, spent my hard-earned on Zen. No more, as I believe Cryptic must have been bought by Bigpoint (actually owned by GE Capita)

"Diversity" was their excuse for the S7 STF changes. "Greed" was their actual motive.
I could not agree more as I already do.

Of course it is all about money and I can understand that. O also work for money (or how could I pay for food, water, electricity? internet ), you all who are employed work for money, so do the people in CRYPTIC. But there needs to be some reasonable extend. Or how is it possible, that other online games survive even if they don't exploit their players. I bought gw2, play the game without the necessity of spending real money and yet I consider to do so and support the game, maybe I buy some outfit. Yes, the game is not 100% perfect, but I do not feel to be exploited. I see dev's effort to make the game better, so why not support them.

STO was a dream that came truth. However in it's current state I don't even dream about spending my money, as I would get absolutely nothing.