View Single Post
Career Officer
# 227
11-14-2012, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
If we are talking personal experience as you seem to be then let me tell you how my personal experience and those I have spoken to in-game is totally out of whack with your thinking.

When I joined STO I didn't know anyone in game. I came here for Star Trek. I didn't really make any friends in the game UNTIL I started playing co-operative play. In fact I have made all my friends on STO through playing STF's. STF's brought people together for a focused effort in co-ordinated team play, through it I found out who was goo dat doing missions and began enjoying spending time with those people and becoming friends with them.

Today when I logged on the STF's channels were dead.

I think you need to re-evaluate your own qualitative experience in the light of others, because I am afraid you are wrong.
Overlord:

I don't think you and I are fundamentally disagreeing about the negative consequences of these changes. This is the death knell of STFs unless something changes.

My guess at this point is that Cryptic either needs to reverse the changes somewhat (because socialization is taxing and taxing play needs to be offset with reward) or they need to nerf STFs down to a point where no coordination is necessary.

Effectively, either reward people for taking the pains to make friends or allow fairly shallow friendships to avoid being taxed by challenging play.