View Single Post
Career Officer
# 21
11-14-2012, 03:57 PM
Agreed. I wanted to be excited for Season 7, and I really was when it was all heresay, rumors and hints of whats to come. When I saw the reality of it, I was quite dissapointed.

A new season all about story content? Great! Oh.. no episodes? Just more grind & queue events?

New STF(s)? Awesome! I've been waiting for the Hive for over 2 years now. But, with rewards nerfed across the board, and no real cohesive story behind it all anymore, I can't even find the motivation to log in and play through it.

Then you have the dilithium devastation being discussed here, which is just icing on the cake, and the final nail in the coffin of my S7 excitement...

I do like the new sector block, and that there is atleast more variety in the ever growing grind, but it's a far cry from what I envisioned after hearing what Season 7 was going to be all about (I was even thinking small, being used to the "normal" in past releases). New Romulus is a beautiful map, but the content within has failed to captivate me in the slightest.

Here's hoping 8 will be better. Until then, I'll be struggling to find a reason to log in as usual. I guess I just have much more fun in games that offer more immersive story, in game rewards, and proper motivation to keep going. STO doesn't offer much of that at all, anymore, unless I'm missing something.