View Single Post
Captain
# 243
11-14-2012, 08:17 PM
Perhaps it could be just me, or perhaps I'm about to articulate what's bugging many of us with this artwork...

My main beef with this picture is the combination of "fourth wall violation" with that alluring look on her face. That one tidbit, alone, suddenly changes the entire connotation of the shot - now instead of being a neutral action scene (like "handsome phaser dude" was), I get this impression of "dear, we're almost done with this grueling mission that caused our separation. While I'm jumping/diving for your arms and our long-delayed reunion, let me "60's western one-shot" that problem immediately to the right of you"...

Straighten the lady up and have a slightly more stoic look on her face as she actually looks at her target and suddenly she shifts from a "sex (lust) object" to a fair, objective, female that's representing "Starfleet's finest"... Even in that low-cut open top straight out of the 60s...
Well, with the upgrade announcement leaving NX and Connie fans in the dust again, can we restart / revisit the T5 Connie and NX threads - since they will no longer be "truly" endgame ships... (after we get the T5 versions, it'll be time to see them added to the T5U upgrade charts too...

Last edited by dareau; 11-14-2012 at 08:20 PM.