View Single Post
Empire Veteran
# 4
11-15-2012, 04:06 AM
Given the change of pace from normal game play to STFs, anything to help players learn how to play better in STFs would i.m.o. be a welcome addition to the game. You may however get strong resistance to this idea from veteran STF runners who would have to run their alts all the up up to t3 before they can get into elites.

There's also the issue that elite STFs play very differently to normal and can require a little more strategy if you want to succeed.

For example, in IGE running in to save workers like you would in IGN is a sure way to get you and maybe your team wiped out and hit with respawn timers or CSE in a low DPS team that doesn't follow the common technique of MRRML getting swamped by Borg BoPs and Raptors.

As I said before, I'd like ways for players to learn how to better themselves in elite STFs but sadly pugging is not how to do it or at least not in my opinion, not very effectively.
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Warning, this poster tends to talk nonsensically when caffine levels fall below 80%.