View Single Post
Commander
# 6
11-15-2012, 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by firekeeperhu View Post
We all now how annoying can be, if we start an elite STF, and see a newbie, whose don't have any decent gear, and don't know what to do on that map either... (infeted space generator-boomers, etc). I don't say it's a problem to be a beginner, we all started as beginners and made mistakes. I say, the problem is, when a beginner takes the challange of elite when he's/she's clearly not ready, this way ruining the other four guy's and his/her own run.
Some of our fleet members came out with a great idea to solve this problem:
Make Omega tier and/or gear requirements for STFs, not only level requirements!

Some configurations of this idea:
-no elite STFs until omega tier 2/3
-you can only run a specific elite STF after you finished it x (5...10) times in normal difficulty (so that one can learn the map properly before starting it on elite)
-no ground elite STF without at least MK X MACO/HG/Omega set (or ground and space both, but i think ground set is more important because of the integral modulator)
(-no STFs at all, until reaching omega tier1)

This way, maybe there would be a bit less elite STF player at a time, but the playerbase would be better "trained", better geared, and the chance of success with a full random team would be much better.

What's your opinion about this idea?
Bad idea.
a)You don't need good gear to finish ISE. Or KASE. Or CSE. IF the entire team knows what to do.

b) So a player with his 30th alt must do normal STF's again? Yeah sounds like a good idea.