View Single Post
Commander
# 120
11-15-2012, 07:43 AM
A) The community is partially to blame. Mainly because we're absolutely out of control on the forums, and in organizedpvp. There's really no governance at all, and those that have been around for the longest tend to bash on those that have not been around as long.

I get it all the time.

TRH tried to establish a validated position to appear as a group with valid ideas, feedbacks, etc. We channeled these ideas through my forum account. I was bashed on these forums as a result.

Now if you're sitting at help desk counter, and you witness two consumers fighting one another are you in any position to help them? The answer is no.

Just because you have some kind of subscription superiority over people, does not give you the right to go bashing on others with your forum premade or your pride of being an old timer.

B) Amidst all these frustrations, the old timers have endured the most. They have more broken promises made to them than anyone else. So their frustrations are validated. However, their method of venting it onto these forums and causing an uproar isn't. Bran has clearly stated that, yet you contest his statements. You're not going to have your way with him, even if you stomp your feet like a little girl at a toys r' us demanding a new toy.

Also, it's time to adapt to the changes rather than request for them. This may seem like a prison kind of thing, as in on good behavior you may get out of it. So, if this is what they want then so be it. There's plenty of other ways of having fun on STO pvp. Last night, we had a good 40+ minute match. It took strategy to unravel the other team's defense. Both sides had experienced pvp and both sides were organized mixed with 106th, Sad Pandas, TRH, S.O.B., 528th, etc. It was random, it was fun. Good matches can still happen. However, please do not take it out on myself, others that have not been around as long, and most definitely not the Devs since he said stop it already.

C) The Devs have done an awful job. We all recognize and acknowledge this. We all want the same things from them. But it would appear as though these things are not prioritized in the demeanor we wish them to be. Mainly because of item A and item B and now item C which is about their idea on what the game should be.

It should be rampantly apparent by now that this game is primarily a PvE role play based MMO. I believe that's it's game description on the box to be honest. Kind of like Border Lands if anyone's played that on xbox/ps3. It shouldn't take people 3 years to realize that this is the case. When these guys promise you something for PvP, they truly are promising something. But they're not at capacity to do it, mainly because the game's primary function is PvE role play oriented. Think of all the changes that have indirectly effected PvP:

i) Fleet ships
ii) MK XII Consoles
iii) Doff System (for better or worse, nonetheless effected it)
(iv) Adjustments to certain bridge officer abilities, polarize/hazard
more in the passed..

Although these are recent, these were tidbits of things they did work on. This truly and unfortunately are the limitations of their promises when it came to working on PvP.

Now some of you, and you know who are may attack my post again. But you're just outright crazy to be honest. To think that attacking a person on a forum is going to produce any kind of tangible result or change anything is sad and pathetic. So soak this information, make peace with this reality and I'm sure it will either further push you into playing another (which should be a relief judging by some of your attitudes), or it will make you say Hakuna Matata

But one thing's for sure, being reckless as we have been on here ain't going to change a thing. It's up to you guys.