View Single Post
Rihannsu
# 13
11-15-2012, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
You're an engi right? Don't take this the wrong way, but what the heck were you doing in an Armitage??

That being said, I too main an Engi, and when I want a good mix of DPS and Tankiness, Oddy all the way. Don't get me wrong, the Dreadnaught is a tanky mofo, and can equip DHCs, but she lacks majorly in the important place: BOff slots. The Oddy has that wonderful Uni LtCmdr, which basically makes her able to fit any role you need, and if you need tactical, she delivers.

Now if money is no object, I would recommend you get the 3-pack, take the Chevron Sep off the operations cruiser and put it on the tac cruiser. Hit that baby, and all of a sudden you have +20 power to weapons and a massively boosted +8 to turn rate. Not nearly as clumsy anymore. You will suffer some loss in HP and shield, but that's mitigated by your much higher move speed and turn rate, and dramatic increase in firepower (yes, the power increase makes that much of a difference). You combine that with LtCmdr Tac slot, and you got a nice beasty there.

Since I am guessing this is for PvE, I will give you a nice PvE setup I have found works well for smacking NPCs around.

Odyssey Tactical Cruiser

Weapons:
Fore: BA of your choice x3, Quantum Torpedo x1
Aft: BA of your choice x4

Shields: MACO
Deflector: MACO
Engines: MACO/AssimilatedSubtranswarp Engines (you don't get the 2 piece set bonus anymore, but it still gives +5 to engine power, which is a good thing, esp for an oddy)

Consoles:
Tactical: Whatever BA type you're using booster x3
Engineering: Neutronium x4/Neutronium x3 RCS Accelerator (you lose out on about 7-9% defense, but you gain another 2.6 degrees turn rate, your call)
Science: Chevron Sep Console, Field Generator, Assimilated Module (again, you don't get the bonus anymore, but +5 weapons power, additional crit and crit severity are all good for DPS)

BOff Setup:
Lt Tactical: TT1, APB1
LtCmdr Tactical: TS1, BFAW2, APD2
Cmdr Engineering: EPtS1/EPtW1, EPtS2/EPtW2, ET3/RSP2, Aux2SIF3
Lt Sci: TSS1, TSS2
Ensign Sci: HE1

(note about the engi BOff: only put one or the other for the EPtX. I don't know which you prefer, nor how you play, so you might need the extra power bonus from EPtS2 over EPtW2, but if you put EPtW1, do NOT put EPtW2, and same goes for EPtSX. One or the other, not both)

DOff Setup:
Conn Officer x2 (Tactical Team CD red)
Damage Control Engineer (x2)
Technician x1
Warp Core Engineer x1 (if only 1 Damage Control Engineer)

With that setup, you will be able to deal roughly 3700 DPS with minimal effort, and cap out at 5k for short periods of time (usually only 20-30 seconds duration every 3 minutes). You'll have good sustain from the BOffs, and the DOffs will give you good cycling ability with your EPtX.

You will notice I did not put mk levels or specify weapon type (except for the quantum part). This is due to I don't know your means, so I don't know if you can get the mk XII stuff, and I also don't know your personal preferences, so I can't recommend a specific energy weapon type.

Enjoy.
only thing I would change up here is putting a quantum in the back too so 3x BA and 1x quantum on both sides, and then using tetryon energy type. but I tend to like droping shields as fast as possible and then dumping torps into the hull of a ship as fast as I can.

flew the armitage loaded out with a dual heavy tetryon cannon in front, and 3 BAs in back.
was terrible on its own, but that thing could unload torpedoes in a way you wouldn't believe. if a teammate dropped the sheilds, that ship was gone in seconds. good torpedo boat.