View Single Post
Captain
# 11
11-15-2012, 02:18 PM
I don't know if it applies to F2P games like STO and/or DLC... But when making a purchase, and in this case the Starter Pack, there should be an option to buy as a gift or for yourself?

I've made gift purchases on Steam before and that's basically how it works... BUT, I've never bought DLC to gift to a friend before. So, I'm just guessing on what experience I have here. I hope you get a more solid answer if what I suggest doesn't work out.

EDIT: Ninj'd lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
Even if you can gift it on Steam they must have a Steam account, each code is naturally unique and you cannot buy it multiple times besides to yourself and as a gift for other Steam users.

After all this is a Steam bundle, I doubt they can actually check if you have a Steam account or not (I do but I run STO without it) but if you think about ghost accounts to get codes off then ... well you have read Steam EULA right?
Of course! I don't know why I didn't consider this!

Indeed, your friend would have to have a Steam account to at least accept the code and may have to also at least start and pause the STO download via steam in order to redeem it.

My bad... I'm half asleep here!

Last edited by c0nd1t10nr3d; 11-15-2012 at 02:22 PM.