View Single Post
Career Officer
# 165
11-15-2012, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chikahiro View Post
aloha!

I've Long Loved Cryptic's "choose Between Good And Good" Philosophy With Gear/equipment In Their Games. When I Was Starting Off As A New Mmo Player, Other Games Often Had Bonuses And Penalties Associated With Things, Which Was A Little Overwhelming! Whereas With Cryptic, It Usually Seems Like Everything Is Good, But You Have To Decide What You'll Be Good At, Thus Creating A Simple Opportunity Cost Versus A More Weighty Pros Vs Cons Evaluation.

That Said, I've Now Been Playing Mmos For 7 Years. While I Still Love And Admire Cryptic's Straightforward, No-nonsense Method, I Do Wonder If Its Time To Maybe Toy With Things That Have A Little More Complexity To Them. Perhaps Some "experimental" Set That Has A Nice Set Of Bonuses That Are Countered By Non-trivial Penalties As A Result.

In Short, Give Yourselves A Bit More Freedom To Make Powerful, But Challenging, Sets.

Would Love To See More Planets Get Overhauls Andoria ,earth And So On There Must Be A Way To Let One Person Go In And Redevelop These Planets And Over Time Embassys Can Be Set Up There And Will Open Up More Zones Like New Romulas There Must Be One Person Who Could Do This Im Sure In 30 Days One Dev Can Have A Planet Zone Complete One Planet A Month 12 Planets A Year That Right There Makes Up For Story Content Loss