View Single Post
Captain
# 20
11-15-2012, 11:18 PM
Heh, well you can get to the content faster with cash - remember tiers only unlock permission to buy gear.

Or maybe it would be more accurate to say "less slowly". But I couldn't agree more, the gates are obviously there to prolong content no doubt.

Now they have metrics for themselves, numbers cut in stone, that tell them exactly the number of minutes they have left before they have to have the next reputation ready.

More than the time I have to put in I am more concerned about the rewards for doing it.

I already have everything from stf...

Security beam down as a consumable ? Already have it as a permanent on my tactical.
Passive stats ? Doing fine already
Unlock 5 tiers for purple fighters ? Have them already, and if I didn't, it's just 30 k instant buy, why would I waste 5 tiers on something there is already available.
Romulan outfit ? Unlocked by the embassy, not the reputation system.

And so on and so on. For me it's like is there even anything in there I'd buy if I really didn't have anything else to go for.
Plus why would I throw resources away at t1 items when they get upgraded anyway.

I don't think the rewards would be good stand-alone, like if they were unlocked right now they'd still be weak.
After you add 3 months of grinding for them I don't know what to call them.

Safe to say the reputation system will not carry my gameplay or have items I am working towards.