View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-16-2012, 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish1701 View Post
They need to make dilithium more scarce so the prices go up.

I think making more dilithium available would drive prices down, not up. It's supposed to be more rare than energy credits.

I have lots of Zen, but I won't spend it on dilithium because I would get so very little for it. As horrific as it was to see the STFs stripped of their dilithium rewards I was kinda okay'ish with it as I suspected it would drive up the price of dilithium and I could just buy it with Zen, which is the model that Cryptic was trying to adopt. People with time make dilithium, and people with money buy it from them with Zen.

I think it's all fallen flat on its face as dilithium is too easy to come by.

Their attempt to pull it from the STFs resulted in forum rage, and quite rightly too. It should have just been slowly reduced sometime after the launch so as not to affect the launch of season 7 with bad press and rage quitters and help get a closer balance of what Cryptic needs to do vs what the playerbase will accept. It pains me to say this, but I question their business sense in doing what they did, to the extreme they did, and when they did it.

They still need to reduce it to make the economy work the way it should, and they will try again at some point, I'm sure.
You're wrong. It's basic Supply/Demand.

When the supply of Dilithium goes down, it means you have to pay more Zen to obtain it.