View Single Post
Captain
# 1876
11-16-2012, 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skurf View Post
Wow. That's some list. That looks like a complete nightmare to play as a F2P player.

And that, my friend, is where personal preference comes into play.

I've looked at that list, and at the things the store offers, and ended up thinking "hm, I'd like to buy at least something, to support their decision and all, but there's nothing there that I'd really want.

I've installed the trial version last week, loaded up on alts, so I've now got 8 out of 2 character slots filled, with 8 different races. So far, the 2 quickslot bars have been enough for me (highest level 11, so far, so maybe later I'll see a need), I hardly ever die, so that restriction seems moot, and you unlock sprint at some point anyway, though you can fast travel from the very beginning (via discoverable waypoint system).

For me, there really is no need to buy anything from the store in order to improve on the gameplay experience. Then again, I play it as I did KotOR 1 and 2, mostly, and entirely for the storylines.

Maybe I'll grab me some inventory space, at some point, but tbh, with companions that can sell your crap for you, even that isn't really essential.