Thread: .02%, really?
View Single Post
Empire Veteran
# 17
11-16-2012, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by upyournacelles2 View Post
I was hoping someone from cryptic can come on here and tell us if cryptic is still holding to the story that only .02% of players in your game pvp. I've found the number to be extremely hard to believe since the day I heard it. If it is indeed .02%, I really see no reason why pvp development would even be considered. Not many companies would spend any resources to improve a segment of their product that only sees 1/5000 people using it.

Having said that, I believe that number was thrown out to try to justify the lack of development within pvp and your consideration in the past to mothball it all together. I'm not saying that number is accurate, just that you guys threw it out there.

Am I wrong?
Well that number is very low but the question is, how was it derived. First, what is the total amount of players? Counts every acc in existence? Do you have to be logged in once at least every month?
Second we need to know what is a player who does pvp. Everyone counts who entered a match once? Does one need a certain amount of fights? Do you need to be in pvp at least once a week? Does Ker'rat count? Do private matches count?

Also even if the number is really small, that does not mean cryptic can't make money with pvp. The numbers would rise if there was better pvp and more options. It's more like an investment. You have to invest time to make pvp good, the players will come and it will pay for itself.
Would be the same with the KDF. If they would spend more time making KDF content there would be much more KDF players and more people would buy KDF stuff.