View Single Post
Captain
# 1 Okay... It's done...
11-16-2012, 09:03 AM
Alright everyone... Season 7 is here, and we all have an opinion of it, for good or ill.

Now we just have to decide on an individual basis what we are going to do about it. Are we going to whine about it perpetually as if our whining will make any difference? Are we going to quit playing over it as if quitting will make a difference? Or are we going to just accept things as they are, learn to adapt our playstyle to it and move forward together as a community?

From my chair, behind my computer, in my entertainment room which has become more of my catch-all for my junk, these are really the only choices we have. 2/3 of those choices will not make a difference in the slightest. Cryptic will do what they will do regardless.

I made my position clear durring Season 7's development. Nevertheless, Season 7 is what it is. My choice is that I am going to just play the game, doing whatever am in the mood to do, and not worry about racing to get as much Dilithium or as many marks as I can. Periodically, I'll check and see if what I have accumulated is enough to obtain something that interests me. But for the most part, I am going to just play the game.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Make no mistake, Cryptic, if you are monitoring... I have not changed my perception of your practices, and until you guys do something to change that perception, you will receive no money from me. But as long as this game remains live, it retains the potential to be something I would be willing to pay for. So I will keep playing casually, and observing. Give me something I consider worth paying for and I will give you money. I know many others are beginning to share this sentiment, that did not share it before, especially after Season 7. But I only speak for myself.

You have me as a player. But you do not have my money. If you want it, you must earn it.

Good day.
Those of us who see things for what they are need to get it through our heads that no matter how much we rant about it, THEY WON'T CHANGE!. We can either live with it, or we can go find some other game to play until it too embraces the same tactics. The reality is, STO is what it is, and it will not be anything else, no matter how much some of us may want it to be...