View Single Post
Commander
# 57
11-16-2012, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
You haven't played the New Romulus story episodes, though!

I'm fully prepared to pass some judgment but not until I've seen more of the story.

This is the introduction to the story.

If New Romulus is a musical score, the dailies are the overture. They set the stage for where we are. It's the establishing shot, in film terms.

You don't HAVE to play anything on New Romulus more than once for rep. You'll have to repeat SOMETHING for rep but you get a broad choice of what to repeat.

And by not repeating anything, you'd still be at almost Tier 3 in rep, by which point you'd have new things (including FE style story missions) that unlock on New Romulus.

You barely have to repeat anything unless you want gear or vanity items.

If you repeat all the New Romulus stuff once a week, you're absolutely golden.
Thanks for that info. I'll be very interested to see what the Romulan story episodes are like.

Admittedly, I am guilty of passing judgment a bit too soon, based on one playthrough and not unlocking the FE-style missions. And I'm only talking about the New Romulus surface zone, not the space patrols or anything else in that sector. I've done one patrol so far and enjoyed it; there were certainly more light story elements to it than the standard circle the planet and fight five fleets we've seen before.