View Single Post
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
11-16-2012, 08:35 AM
I feel that they've been buffed big time, too.

Please understand that I'm not trying to start a disagreement, but I'm of the opinion that the Borg should be at least this strong.

The Borg are meant to be the biggest, baddest guys in the galaxy. The ones where you let out a little bit of wee when you come across them. When I started to get in to the game I found that I could take out a cube with a five-second, spit and bailing wire build. I never liked that. Sure, a monstrously strong build should be able to take a cube, but it should take a team to take down a tactical cube.

Yes, Janeway took back the torpedoes that slaughtered the Borg, making them less fearsome, but the Borg adapt. Not only that, but surely we can assume that they've been assimilating other cultures in the meantime, cultures that would balance the scorecard against Janeway's torpedoes.

All of that being said, I do sympathise for your build being less effective. I find that when you perfect a build you get the greatest sense of satisfaction. To lose that without being notified of it in advance must suck.

Ground, I can't comment on. Haven't tried it yet.