View Single Post
Commander
# 2
11-16-2012, 09:38 AM
Hmmm. Never had this problem myself. Whenever I switch ships, the ships have the same configuration of abilities as the last time I used them.

The only time this sort of thing has happened is when I switched around my BOFFs. The positions in the hotbar are linked to ship bridge positions, not the Officer, so placing officers in different slots will mess up the order of abilities.

Aside from the possibility that the user is using third-party software that interferes with the game code in some way, I'd say the other possibility is corrupted game code. A reinstall might be needed if a run through the file verifier doesn't work.

As to the suggestion, the game already saves the position of the abilities (or you'd need to reset them every time you left one sector/system and had to rez again in the next), and a button to do the same wouldn't seem to help much. If there is a problem with the game remembering where the positions on the hotbar is, then it will have a problem remembering them with or without a manual loader.

My own two cents.