View Single Post
Career Officer
# 13
11-16-2012, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantsmaster916 View Post
I really wish people would stop bringing up this bullsnot when making their arguments "against" Season 7. You have to realize it was a series of exploits that got fixed. They've told us flat-out, time and again, that Dilithium earnings are supposed to be based on time spent playing. If you can get as much from a single 5-minute clickfest (Foundry Clickie Exploit) as running a series of missions that could take up to an hour, then it was BROKEN and needed to be fixed.
Exploits or not, the new time vs. reward equation just doesn't work for a lot of players. If anything I was convinced Cryptic let those purposevely stand to entice players to log in every day and sweeten people to impulse purchases. With those gone.... why bother anymore? FOr a good percentage if not most, the game just isn't good enough to warrant the effort being asked of players now. If this is not changed I think we'll see a drop in the playerbase, and of those that remain, fewer will want to invest (spend ca$h) in such a low return system.

Quote:
Don't complain about having your earnings potential stripped away - you were exploiting a failure in their system. Which they have now fixed. You're wasting your time complaining about that, and not acknowledging that it was a long-overdue FIX just smacks of entitlement and greed.
While I cannot speak for others I see nothing wrong for acting entitled when facing a BUSINESS. Remember, they are out for your money, why shouldn't YOU be trying to get VALUE out of your time/money. Isn't "Greed" a company's duty and obligation? Why should players be different? If anything players are constantly forgiving and understanding when they shouldn't be, for me the greed balance is clearly leaning towards Cryptic's side.

Quote:
As for New Romulus having "nothing to do"? Are you mental? I've already spent hours there, and am only like halfway thru the missions. And then there's the Reputation-based mission unlocks that I'll have to come back and experience as I progress thru that system.
I can honestly say I've not dropped by New Romulues yet, Defera was alright but Nukara has left a bad taste in my mouth for "ground action zones". I'll get to it eventually but I'm just not excited about it, and I haven't even been by yet! How sad is it we've come to that?