View Single Post
Rihannsu
# 19
11-16-2012, 09:46 AM
I've made some revisions to what I've planned earlier.

Quote:
SCI Capt. Tactical variant.

Weapons (phaser)
Fore: 2x Fleet DHC (CrtD), Fleet DC (CrtD)
Aft: 3x Fleet Turret (Acc)

Equipment
Deflector: Borg
Engines: Borg
Shields: MACO Mk XII
Devices: Red Matter Capacitor, Subspace Field Modifier, AuxBAT

Consoles
Eng: Tachyokinetic Converter, Borg Console
Sci: Field Emitter, All three special consoles
Tac: 4x Phaser Relay

Boffs:
Cmdr.Sci. - ST1, TSS2, HE3, GW3
Lt.Cmdr.Uni - TT1, CSV1, CRF2
Lt.Tac - TT1, APB1
LT.Eng - EPTS1, AuxSIF1
Ens.Uni - EPTW1

Adv. Runabout Hangar
Not much has changed here aside from weapons. I can deal way more damage with 3 dual (heavy) cannons, even if that means ignoring subsystem targeting abilities. The only thing I miss here at the moment is some kind of tractor beam (which is why I'm using runabouts), but I have my doubts about dropping any of the current abilities. Even the very occasional ST1, as I enjoy having the one and only science debuff for pve (mostly to counter subnucleonic beam).

Quote:
Engi.Capt. Tactical variant.

Weapons (phaser)
Fore: Fleet DHC (CrtD), Fleet DC (CrtD), Quad (for lulz - I've got more than enough power on the engi captn)
Aft: 3x Fleet Turret (Acc)

Equipment
Deflector: Borg
Engines: Borg
Shields: MACO Mk XII
Devices: Red Matter Capacitor, Subspace Field Modifier, AuxBAT

Consoles
Eng: Tachyokinetic Converter, Borg Console
Sci: Field Emitter, All three special consoles
Tac: 4x Phaser Relay

Boffs:
Cmdr.Sci. - ST1, TSS2, HE3, GW3
Lt.Cmdr.Uni - EPTW1, AuxSIF1, EPTS3
Lt.Tac - TT1, CSV1
LT.Eng - EPTE1, ET2
Ens.Uni - TB1

Adv. Peregrine Hangar
More support oriented then the previous one. Can shield-tank pretty well and despite the lack of any major tactical abilities outside of CSV, TT and EPTW I was able to take out CSE Raptor spawns by myself, which I wasn't able to do (so well) with cruisers, carriers or any other science ships. Once again 3x dual cannons - ignored beams or torpedos.

I might be tempted to try the cutting beam out once I unlock it. I know it doesn't work with subsystem targeting, but it may be exactly what I need to compensate for lack of any mines or torps. One less turret for cse/crf won't pose that much of a loss in this case.

Keep in mind that this is my purely PvE build, with DPS in mind. After playing PvE content for so long I realised that anything that isn't able to deal a sufficient amount of damage is mostly useless, especially if it can't turn (odyssey, recluse - my previous eng and sci ships respectively). With Vesta I can finally deal damage, turn and still be able to play a specific role (heal, support, shield-tank, etc.).

But it's still not as good as the Kar'Fi...

Last edited by suaveks; 11-16-2012 at 09:56 AM.