View Single Post
Starfleet Veteran
# 62
11-16-2012, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
running around in circles pressing F all the time is Star Trek for you?

hmm.. *shrug* ok, good for you.

i'm not that impressed, i would like some actual gameplay, too bad STO's only gameplay mechanics are pew pew + hotkeys, + the universal F does everything button.

That does not leave much room for different experiences.
I'm kind of in the same boat as the above quote.

With that being said, I do like New Romulus for what it tries to do. I just think that the missions will get boring for me really quickly. I'm not even done the first round of them (almost am) but I pretty much know what to expect at this point. For myself I think I'd like a little bit more story woven into the missions. There is a little bit but I don't really feel that it's enough.

I do agree that this is a step in the right direction though. People have wanted this for a long time and I think when the game first launched this is the kind of stuff people were kind of expecting. Fast forward a few years later and we're finally getting to go on strange new worlds. Hopefully they continue adding this kind of stuff but with better quests / missions.

On a side note... wouldn't the Federation's involvement in this be a breach of the Prime Directive? They're putting their nose into another culture's internal affairs. Now, I can understand them probably saying.. well the good of us doing this outweighs the bad if we don't get involved. It was just a thought I had. Mind you game-wise I think all of us have broken the Prime Directive on more than one occasion.

And lastly, I still don't really agree with the fact that they've just abandoned Rator III because of the internal strife. For that reason alone I don't think that New Romulus can ever be considered part of the true Romulan Star Empire.. it would be akin to some rogue Admirals in Starfleet going off to another planet and calling it New Earth and claiming that they're the Federation. The Empire is pretty much really screwed right now because of Hobus. It's too bad that we can't just try to mend it all instead of just focusing on the lone planet which may or may not make a difference to anything in the end.

I also don't agree with the Remans going off with the Romulans again on New Romulus. That to me makes no sense at all. They were slaves and cannon fodder when Romulus and Remus existed. While I'm sure the relationship between the Romulans and the Remans have improved in recent years... I really don't think the Remans would put themselves in a situation where there was a chance that the old ways would return. And there's nothing saying that this wouldn't happen. Not everyone is willing to change overnight. Plus, what ever happened to Crateris that made them want to ditch that too?

Last edited by forcardassia6; 11-16-2012 at 11:10 AM.