View Single Post
Career Officer
# 25
11-16-2012, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darramouss1 View Post
You're 100% right that all players should try to get the most value for their time and money. I think, however, that a lot of players are trying to get that value by trying to steer the game in directions it's just not going to go. I think the best way that a player can get best value is control the amount of time and money they spend.

That may mean people leave, but that's the way it is with MMOs.
Indeed, the thing with STO is that as a sub game that went F2p its been constantly changing the goalposts, changing the rules of "game". So a lot of people that would otherwise not touch a F2P game at all were already invested into STO. Naturally they will complain every step of the game moving in a direction they don't want it to go. Some of them feel they have been lied to and due to their investment of time/money/community they now feel trapped as well. While others may disagree I can certainly understand their plight.

Personally I think we're in another transition phase for STO, when most of the pre f2p players will finally leave or give up on STO, accepting it for it is and either go with the flow or hang around spending nothing and encouraging others to do the same. Sucks for most of the older players and it only makes STO fit more into the cycle of growth/decline that most f2p games go through, by PWI's own numbers their f2p model burns out games in 5 years or less