View Single Post
Lieutenant
# 16
11-16-2012, 12:08 PM
I really like Aelfwin.

First of all this is a great player. Secondly this is a player thats been around the game and knows what is going on. Aelfwin and I share membership in a fleet together though its not one of great priority for either of us.

My mother used to have a saying, "Quit telling me the truth when my minds made up."

Aelfwin and I are probably fighting losing battles here. Cryptics mind is made up and they want us to have less dilithium and they want to charge more for things that need it.

Sure, we are looking at season 5 prices based on season 7 supplies when we make these predictions and they do not look good to us. Removing clickers destroys the supply of dilithium in the game and the rest takes it down more.

It hasnt impacted us yet but things like having Morn at the Bar are going to be seen as more superflous. My predictions about sucky 7 have always been that it undermines season 6 and sticks a knife in its gut. Clickers not only gave dilithium but also fleet marks. Despite these niceties not many fleets are to level 3 or beyond and thats when it really starts getting hard. Fleet progression for large fleets will slow substantially and for smaller fleets it will grind to a screeching halt. The days of people thinking they could form a small fleet and progress with 12-15 friends are probably over and done unless one buys lots of zen.

You know, it would be wise to listen to what Aelfwin is saying here. Sucky 7 would be less bad if it didnt undermine and destroy what was accomplished in seasons 5 and 6. This is a cake and eat it thread. You cant have your cake and eat it too. Well you cant remove access to dilithium from the player base and expect them to craft, show fleet progression, buy zen points, and do the other things that make it fun for them.

Aelfwin is right. Darn good player also.