Captain
# 66
11-16-2012, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jexsamx View Post
Behold, the average jaded Trek fan.
Guilty as charged !

Quote:
But you're missing the point. This is a strange new world, that we have never had access to before now. And, lo and behold, it is your task to explore it.
And I want to ... I really do ! In fact I can't wait to , but ...

Quote:
help an old civilization adapt.
Yeeeaaahhh ... .
It just HAD to be Romulans .
I ... uh ... no .
Not feeling it .
Too much bad blood ... even as a Fed , and it makes NO SENSE if you are a Klingon (unless you r a Duras ... -- but not even then) .
I never trusted Romulans ... and ... I never will . I have never been able to forgive them for ... well the list is just too long ... .
(but it starts with : our entire civilization may be at an end , so "we even thought about opening communication with the Romulans ... ." /BoBW Prt.1/ . Yes and this is the "enlightened" Picard era .)

And don't give me the "Jim , they are dying ." -- retro-novo puppy eyes/Vulcan ears death combo (!) because I'm apparently racist against Romulans .

But hey , at least I thought it was funny for a time .
Now .. , not even that .

So yeah , as you said jaded . Not from Trek , but more like two seasons of grind back to back ... , and from something masquerading as Trek .
STO will be out of Beta in another 2-4 years ???
... you know after another 3 story arc remasters, crafting revamp, skills revamp, PVP upgrade ...
*note : the 2-4 year guesstimate came out of comparing Cryptic's Dev speed and that of a snail . Sadly the snail won .

Last edited by aelfwin1; 11-16-2012 at 01:01 PM.