Captain
# 66
11-16-2012, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jexsamx View Post
Behold, the average jaded Trek fan.
Guilty as charged !

Quote:
But you're missing the point. This is a strange new world, that we have never had access to before now. And, lo and behold, it is your task to explore it.
And I want to ... I really do ! In fact I can't wait to , but ...

Quote:
help an old civilization adapt.
Yeeeaaahhh ... .
It just HAD to be Romulans .
I ... uh ... no .
Not feeling it .
Too much bad blood ... even as a Fed , and it makes NO SENSE if you are a Klingon (unless you r a Duras ... -- but not even then) .
I never trusted Romulans ... and ... I never will . I have never been able to forgive them for ... well the list is just too long ... .
(but it starts with : our entire civilization may be at an end , so "we even thought about opening communication with the Romulans ... ." /BoBW Prt.1/ . Yes and this is the "enlightened" Picard era .)

And don't give me the "Jim , they are dying ." -- retro-novo puppy eyes/Vulcan ears death combo (!) because I'm apparently racist against Romulans .

But hey , at least I thought it was funny for a time .
Now .. , not even that .

So yeah , as you said jaded . Not from Trek , but more like two seasons of grind back to back ... , and from something masquerading as Trek .
"We're not mad at Angry Birds, and we're not trying to defend the universe from Angry Birds. Although you might want to consider defending yourself from Angry Birds. If you aren't paying for the app, you aren't a customer, you're the product ."

- former CIA, NSA chief Michael Hayden -- your guide to F2P ...

Last edited by aelfwin1; 11-16-2012 at 02:01 PM.