View Single Post
Captain
# 40
11-16-2012, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
PWE acquired Cryptic in 2011. Earlier this year, we released a 5-arc Feature Episode series, "The 2800". It was completely free to all players.
So... one story arc for an entire year is what you're citing as a good thing for people who want story arc content?

I want more arcs than that. They don't have to be Featured Episode quality, with cutscenes, voice acting, and new game tech. Just use existing assets, get some compelling writing, and make some mission arcs!

I like the New Romulus zone, really I do. But now that I've played the objective in each area, I'm done (until I need more marks for the Romulan reputation system). I'm sure that Kestrel can write stuff way faster than the developers can put it in the game, but that's why the episode content doesn't need to beheld to the Featured Episode standards.

"The perfect is the enemy of the good," as they say - don't get hung up trying to make every set of missions like a Featured Episode arc. Just put them out there! There are hundreds of Foundry missions - why not get a writer / developer duo to use the Foundry to make missions for Cryptic?