View Single Post
Captain
# 12
11-16-2012, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by glassguitar View Post
I know it goes counter to standard thinking to teach your enemy how to win, but the question is, do you want your carefully put together team to just win 15-0 and never have a great fight, or do you want to win 15-14 in a one hour slugfest against other knowledgeable players? If it's the latter, take a littlle time and reach out to the new players who are trying to PvP and help them get better.

It sounds like you're blaming experienced/good players for the reason that there are so many bad players, which I don't think is fair. If you want to improve you will. It's as simple as that. I am not an experienced player as I have only been pvping for a couple months, but I am not bad either. That's because I was not complacent in getting blown to smithereens while doing no damage to my opponents. I made a concerted effort to learn how to pvp. When I came across someone owning it up in a pvp, whether on my team or the opposing team, I would message them after the match and ask them how they survived vs. everyone targeting them, or how they had so much spike damage, etc. I have picked up so many little nuggets of information doing this it is really quite amazing, and practically every person I've asked has given me at least 1 piece of useful info. Many of them have sent friend requests to me and I now team with them on a regular basis.

The problem with most players is that they either don't care that they suck, or think that they know better. They would rather blame the game, blame P2W, blame hax, blame OP Klinguns, or blame the weather. Many players think that since they can win Infected with a minute to spare that they know the best loadout and strategies for pvp. They are closed-minded and nothing you say will convince them of the error of their ways. A lot of it boils down to having a competitive attitude. I come from an RTS background, and if you don't have a competitive attitude you are not going to be able to play the game at all. The nature of STO breeds the opposite attitude. PvE is so mind-numbingly easy, and makes up 99.9% of the gameplay, that players aren't used to having to think or adapt. They are on cruise control and nothing anyone says to them will change their attitude.