View Single Post
Career Officer
# 3
11-17-2012, 02:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
Is anyone at Cryptic going to stand-up and at least comment on the influx of display/ graphics issues posted on the forums?

I have heard that a lot of people have been getting the walk-around on this "There's nothing wrong, it must be your graphics card...".

Is Cryptic really just going to leave this like this, with so many unable to play?

Do they think that these folks are just going to hang around?

Why has no-one said anything??!?

Before S7 I have played successfully on the highest graphics for two years.

I have the latest graphics update.

I cannot even run on the lowest setting without the game crashing or flashing black.

What does someone have to do to get attention from Cryptic or a response. Immolation?

I play on a 3 year old Dell Desktop with a Q6600 Quad core 3Gb Ram and a GTX460 GPU with Vista.
I also have the game running on 2x (ie two of them) 6 year old Dual Core 2GB with some old GPU. Windows XP
Finally the home PC is 7 years old Dual Core D950 (IIRC) XP and these thre XP machines run GS8800 cards.

I see no difference in any of the graphics on any of the machines. The Dell is maxed out on all graphics settings and is running DX11 beta. The other three are around half to low settings and run smoothly (they mostly have too low FPS if I max the settings).

In addition, my son's laptop Intel i3 HP-G72 runs the same, as does my daughter's laptop.

If you are running on a laptop a common cause for low Graphics quality is overheating. Blast compressed air into the cooling vents, watch the huge cloud of dust escape and then marvel at the wonderfully improved graphics as the computer can now achieve the settings you want.

Sounds to me like you have a computer issue. Maybe you could post the details of the problem below.