View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 90
11-17-2012, 06:57 AM
Heres my Take on New rep system. I thought it was goner be brilliant. upon Unlocking Teir 1 Omega. I come to find that to own any peice of Equip u have to go thru another 1 day 16 hrs on a project. Which by way takes up an active slot to requisitions the item & worst of it is. An equipment req only gives u 10Xp for the nearly 2 days it runs. My god whats the point. 2 days wasted for a peice of equip & no real Xp. WELL DONE DEVS. FUTURE OF STO. STILL NOT SECURE. People will leave over these new badly thought out projects. But if that aint bad enough. The Normal projects take 1 day 16 hrs to get u a grand total of 2800Xp. No new projects. Again Well done. NOT.

So with the Equip Projects r they worht it. Well to be fair for a new player yes. But then no at the same time. Simply because to get their Space set, Ground set & weapons all at mk 10. Thats around 30-32 days to get it all. So whilst they doing that. Other players will be sodding the Equip & upp'ing their teirs.
So by time the new player has spent 30-32 days doing that. Another player could well be at the Half way mark on all the teirs. Which should take 60days at the current 1 day 16hrs to unlock Tier 5.
If u do the math. for each set. 30-32 days. Thats an entire month For each Set whether it MACO/Honour Gaurd or OMEGA. so if u want the Accolades & u do want the sets too. lets say. 2 months for MACO & Omega ground & Space. So a total of nearly 6 months once all 5 teirs are unlocked. Thats without the standard 3 Borg Sets too. Which r another lets say 3 weeks work per set. So 2 months for All borg sets so 8 months work. To aquire all the sets. Which means 10months to get everything available to u & all Accolades involving the sets unlocked to u. Wait I forgot about the new Atapted MACo set. damn it. 11 months of ur time wasted. Well done Cryptic. Well done indeed.

Mite as well have stuck with random drops at that rate of progress for new Players. GOOD JOB DEVS AT CRYPTIC. I THINK U NEED TO HIRE PEOPLE WITH MATHS SKILLS. IF U HAD U WOULD HAVE KNOW HOW LONG NEW REP SYSTEM WILL TAKE TO UNLOCK WHAT PEOPLE TO NEED. But maybe u did & r planning on craftly realising somert u want people to spend their hard earned cash on to use. maybe thats their plan with the new rep system. make u that board of waiting to unlock somert that u'll pay them to have it unlocked sooner. Free 2 play. I think their trying to phase this out. If so why make it Free 2 play in 1st place?

But yer. Last thoughts on this. NICE JOB ON GETTING THIS SO BADLY WRONG. YET AGAIN CRYPTIC. CONGRATULATIONS ON POSSIBBLY LOSING MORE NEW PLAYERS & EXISTING PLAYERS. CONGRATULATIONS CRYPTIC.(SARCASIM)

Last edited by stulloyd; 11-17-2012 at 07:18 AM.