View Single Post
Lieutenant
# 140
11-17-2012, 10:00 AM
Do we even need Free 2 play?

I think it's a failure that just allows cheap lazy bums to play for free and people like me who pay to be set up in a situation where it is us verses the development staff whenever they feel like a dilithium imbalance threatens their profit and they need to change it.

Instead can't their be "PLEX" cards like Eve where Cryptic has a set amount and auctions that amount off each month, and if people want to sell them on the exchange after winning them in Zen auctions fine?

Also have Free guest passes to hand out and give to players to give to friends each month.

Return the One Free Ship Upon Reaching 50 token back.

Remove the 10 million EC cap

Set ALL STF and Fleet Action so that in normal circumstances it takes about 2 hours of doing a series of either or combination of both to achieve the 8000 dilithium cap. DEVOTEING MORE THEN TWO HOURS A DAY TO GAME PLAY IS OBSESSIVE BEHAVIOR. Do not be one of those a holes that encourages self destructive behavior.
This doesn't make sense anyways. Your trying to make money by selling zen instead of having players go earn it in STF which the company has to pay for in bandwidth. Crptic might get a few more zen purchasers but they will also get more people spending more time in Events and useing up more bandwidth. It's a double edged sword my friend.

Remove dilithium requirement from R&D projects.

80% reduce dilithium requirement for duty officer reassignment.

Keep lockboxes. That system makes sense to help raise money and keep certain items rarified.

Stop offering Lifetime Subscriptions. After about a year or two they are just black holes that other subbers have to pay for, and the people who buy lifetime subs are the ones who plan on playing for a very long time. Ontop of this if you ever do a sequel to the game they will all have fits if you reduce your support to this version of STO.

I don't know of any game that once it went F2P it eventually went back to a sub model. I think it's good advertiseing, it's got bawls for being unique and implying that the content has turned around to an extent that they feel confidant in chargeing for it again.

Please get rid of Free2 players this game has become so much more trouble and irritation trying to cater to a F2P model.

Last edited by anomalousx; 11-17-2012 at 10:20 AM.