View Single Post
Survivor of Romulus
# 141
11-17-2012, 11:21 AM
And here I thought all the ignorant aholes complaining about us F2P players were finally gone.

Not that it's really any of your business, but me personally I started playing when the game went F2P because I'm on permanent medical disability and really couldn't afford the monthly sub.

In the time I've been playing I've scrape up enough to buy 4 ships (MVAE, Excel (the one with the advanced transwarp), thunderchild and yellowstone) plus a couple of small things here and there. Yes I'll admit that what I've spent on this stuff doesn't equal out would it would have if I bought the monthly subs, but it's not fair for you to say that my contributions mean nothing either.

I'm not trying to say that every other F2P player is in the same situation or that they ever buy anything, but you have to realize that not everyone has the luxury of paying a monthly sub or buying a lifetime sub.

And as far as the changes in season 7, Cryptic has stated several times now that the new rep system is how they wanted it to be when the game originally launched in the first place. Believe me I'm right there with you hating how they've added more dil requirements not just in season 7 but season 6 as well, taken away a lot of the ways and amounts to get dil and ec and fleet marks. However, it's totally unfair to pin that just on the F2P players.

PS: Sorry to everyone else that isn't trying to blame the F2P players for these changes. I didn't mean to go off on a huge rant, it's just something that really bothers me, especially with how much I love Star Trek and really wish I could have played from the very beginning.

Last edited by voicesdark; 11-17-2012 at 11:24 AM.