View Single Post
Starfleet Veteran
# 13
11-17-2012, 04:24 PM
I'm a lifetime member and own just about every ship in the game, I've spent money on Zen a great many times in order to convert to dil, both for items and in order to contribute to my fleet's starbase.
I understand this is a business and I feel I've contributed a fair amount in the hopes of keeping it alive (as I am a huge star trek fan and deeply devoted to my fleet).
All that being said, I also have to express a fair amount of disappointment with season 7.
Dilithium sinks everywhere, grind quests in every corner and a smattering of busy-work on "New Romulus".
It is what it is, but where are the missions and truly unique end-game content? Honestly, where is this "fun" that people are supposed to have without worrying about the economy?
It seems to me (as apparently many in the community) that this season was essentially all about the economy and not really driven towards content.
My opinion would've been very different if there where another 4 or 5 missions added to the Romulan mission set leading to these changes (a unique item, wouldn't of hurt either), something for players to actually have "fun" in.
After the patch, I logged in to discover that the new content was a 3 minute cut-scene about New Romulus and then introduced to a dozen mini grind missions for marks that I need for yet another resource sink; everything else is a Ferengi quest by Cryptic but I'm not going to waste any more time complaining about that.
I'm unclear as to what, exactly, was intended for the benefit of players here in season 7... personally, my game-play was heavily struck down by all of the changes with little, really, in the way of content I can actually enjoy from everything I've seen (with the exception of the Embassy).
I'm not the smartest guy in the world, but season 7 sure doesnt look like it was designed from the ground up to be "fun". I speak for no one except myself.