View Single Post
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
11-17-2012, 08:00 PM
I know with at least some of my missions I can come up with stats and costumes myself. Already have, although a few of them still need new geos and functions.

Aside from those, I can do thinks like create costumes for special BOffs with unique sets of traits (which may include player versions of some traits like telekinesis), as well as supply the roughly balanced stats for new items. Already writing up the stats for a few of said items that could be given as rewards for at least one of my missions (although I intended them to be Omega Force Reputation gear).

If Cryptic added a Steam Workshop like feature to STO, players could create and submit their own rewards to be given by their (or others') missions. It could be used for other things as well, such as adding the ever-promised additional weapon types like ushaan and d'k tahg. It would greatly increase player satisfaction with the game, adding to revenue at little to no effort on the part of the developers once the system is implemented. Pretty sweet deal, no?

Last edited by theoryfive; 11-17-2012 at 08:09 PM.