View Single Post
Commander
# 296
11-17-2012, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by connectamabob View Post
This. A thousand times this. I just started making my first Foundary mission, and I wanted:

* The player to be attacked by the villain's ship (solo ship w/ specific costume, not factional grab-bag)
* After the player defeats enemy ship, enemy ship instead of blowing up turns tail and warps out

That exact thing has happened in official story missions, so I was rather surprised to find there was no way to do it in Foundary.

There just really, really needs to be a way to despawn NPC contacts similar to the show/hide parameters with objects, preferably with animations.

Other stuff:

Environmental sounds: I can set them for space maps, but not ground or indoor maps. I wanted to create a dive bar. Got halfway through construction, then realized that no matter how much activity there was on set, the place would end up being eery dead quiet. I can pack the room with all kinds of cool little character moments using the NPC animations, but the complete lack of ambient sound just makes it all jarring and creepy. There's a couple ambient sound files used in premade maps for exactly this sort of setting, so I know the resources exist already, I just can't use 'em.

This is doubly weird since the ambient sounds available to space maps include ground sounds like wind and jungle noises and stuff, suggesting that this feature was supposed to be available for ground maps, but someone goofed while assembling that part of the map editor.

More ship models available in ground maps: Like the landed and crashed BOPs, and placeable runabouts, Delta flyers, type 10s, class Fs, and Klingon and Frengi shuttles in addition to that one lonely type 8 would be greatly appreciated. Can't expect a KDF hanger bay map to be populated with Starfleet shuttles.
They have stated in an interview that this update or in one of the next ones they will introduce a 'disable the enemy' ability and the problem with Ambients is in a previous update they tried to add it but it just didnt work so it ended up being in missed in season 5 or 6.
I wouldn't mind the ability to have freindly ships other than Starfleet for once as well as single units, plus a few more features on the costume creation side would be nice such as custom Breen or Custom Romulan to name a few!
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES