View Single Post
Ensign
# 29
11-18-2012, 12:40 AM
If it was down to yes or no, all or nothing right now, I would have to say yes.

Warts and all, I was having a lot of fun in Season 6. I can't stand it now. It's like a forced labor simulator being marketed as a fun game. STO was fun because the player had many opportunities to make choices, not just about what to do but how to do it, and on what time table. It needed some things fixed but this on-balance is much worse. S7 makes sweeping changes that are more than excessively greedy, but extremely disempowering.

On the other hand, if the good things in S7 could be retained while rolling back those which are demonstrably designed to limit our choices, needlessly complicate progression, deliberately waste our time and reach into our pockets, I would be all for that.

I think we get that Perfect World needs to turn a profit, but I don't think anyone would believe that they're not making tons of money selling lottery tickets already. They got greedy and made a major update that focused not so much on fun new content to extend the life of the game as something to tack the aggressive new paywall infrastructure onto.

As I write this, I am missing STO. I have grown accustomed to its sensory input patterns. But I don't recognize it now. I hope you re-think S7 before you destroy this amazing game and make a lot of nerds very sad.
KIRK:That which you call Ee'd Plebnista was not written for the chiefs or the kings or the warriors or the rich and powerful, but for all the people! These words were not written only for the Yangs, but for the Kohms as well! They must apply to everyone or they mean nothing! Do you understand?

Last edited by omfg4202; 11-18-2012 at 12:50 AM.