Thread: Romulans
View Single Post
Career Officer
# 7
11-18-2012, 03:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaddeusbart View Post
I have a quick question will Romulans, or Reman ever be playable factions in the game?
I'd like to think that one day, they will. However that opinion of mine is more optimistic than it is realistic. I think Season 7 (and the introduction of the Romulan story within) is a backdoor for Cryptic having included the Romulans without actually building an entire faction out of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by latiasracer View Post
Think about it, the KDF And UFP both have member worlds, and in game terms that means a lot of choice (character wise).
The UFP is a member world, yeah. The KDF isn't, not in true lore. Cryptic made the KDF a member world, and in the same respect, they could easily make a Romulan Faction a member world too. You've already got the obvious choices of the Romulan and Reman, I've read over the forums that the Suliban, Son'a and Vaadwaur could be implimented, along with the Hirogen in a more limited form. Heck, there is nothing to stop Cryptic making some species from scratch, they done so with the Ferasan.

Quote:
The romulans don't have this, and not to mention they only hae around 5 starship variations.
And the Klingons had so much more? B'rel, K'tinga, Vor'cha and Negh'var. The Klingon Fleet was somewhat short of ships too. They've managed to be creative with them. There would be nothing to stop them being creative with Romulan ships; there are countless fan designs out there too. Whilst they don't have to copy any one design, they can easily get ideas for them.

Quote:
And I think the entire KDF player base might linch them if they did this before giving them new content?
They can always update this too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc10b View Post
We may see a Romulan playable race for both factions. A bit like the Joined Trill perhaps?
That's probably the closest we'll likely see of a Romulan Main Character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc10b View Post
And this is why we will probably get a D'deridex or Mogai in the next set of lockboxes.
By all accounts, the development team have clearly stated that they wont ever put a Romulan ship in a box. Then again, they said this game was F2P and that Season 7 would give us what we wanted, so... yeah, they're full of ****!

But seriously, I'd love nothing more than a fully-fledged Romulan faction, but with the current state of the game, and what we've got from Season 7, it's looking less and less likely.