View Single Post
Captain
# 11
11-18-2012, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
The main change I see are on the forums. We switched to "season 6 is shi*" to "season 7 is shi*
Really ?
You don't see the changes ?
Tell me sir , are you tone deaf by any chance ?
And don't jump to conclusions now , as I'm not talking about volume here .

See , the volume may be the same (I disagree on that as well BTW , as there was much anticipation & enthusiasm for Fleets to actually do stuff together by building Starbases) -- but the tone ... the nuances are definitely different !

Don't look at how many are complaining .
Look at who is complaining .
Look at who is still bothering to complain .
And look for those who no longer bother to ... well ... anything .

If the nuances escape you that badly Mr. History teacher , then you might as well say that WWI and WWII were the same thing and led to the same results basically because the Germans were involved .

Quote:
Let's wait for season 8!
But do I wait here or in a Galaxy far-far away ?
And if I leave with a bad taste in my mouth ... will I ever bother to come back ?

The sad thing is that some ppl here are glad that long time players & supporters are now struggling with these questions .
Funny thing is , most of them were not here to fight for the Excelsior ... when Gecko thought to split up it's Transwarp powers , nor where they hear to fight the abominable Emblem conversion rates , or many many other "fights" that had to be had , not because they did my health any good , but because they benefitted the community (and by benefiting the community they also benefited Cryptic -- because the community stayed and payed and did not go off to a Galaxy far-far away) .
STO will be out of Beta in another 2-4 years ???
... you know after another 3 story arc remasters, crafting revamp, skills revamp, PVP upgrade ...
*note : the 2-4 year guesstimate came out of comparing Cryptic's Dev speed and that of a snail . Sadly the snail won .

Last edited by aelfwin1; 11-18-2012 at 06:36 AM.