View Single Post
Commander
# 12
11-18-2012, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icegavel View Post
Yea, about that... before I even FINISHED my build, before we even knew the Chimera existed... with only APO3, APA, TT, C:RF2 and T:HY2, I was getting 22k. Without those, I'm STILL getting over 10k. Fully buffed, I can probably get near 30k now (especially now that I have the Chimera, with its Spinal Lance FAW).

I actually considered just going with 3, not long after I posted this. Fact is, xsharpex's premise may be flawed, but he has a decent point. So many fighters MIGHT be a bit powerful.
As for Fed Frigate pets... I don't think so. Defiants (and even Mirandas) are a LITTLE big for hangar pets. I'd say, if you wanted something like that, launch Aquarius Destroyers. They're small enough to be more believable, and they've got good damage.
lol. you might be able to burst for 30k, but it doesn't mean you'll be able to sustain it. and if my "premise" is flawed, then tell me. would 8x heavy tricobalt torpedos not be considered stupidly overpowered? how about all the tricobalt mines they'll produce? let alone having them all fire at you with antiproton cannons. i know i can sustain stupid amounts of dps over any amount of time.

even if it weren't overpowered. think about the gamebreaking possibility. 5x carriers on a team, each equipped with 24 fighters, launching 24 torpedos. 120 fighters and 120 torpedos. or how about siphon drones? those suicide guys that ram your hull? imagine all the tractor beams. so tell me, how is my premise flawed?