Ask Cryptic: Ground Combat
View Single Post
Join Date: Dec 2007
07-30-2009, 05:36 PM
1) Can you give us an overview of how ground combat will work in the context of trying to take planets and stations in PvP and PvE? Will there be certain control points you have to capture, like the Capital Building, Barracks, Command Center, etc?
2) Can you call in reinforcements, beyond your away team, in the form of Red Shirts that you do not control directly in combat situations?
3) What role will NPCs on your side and the opposing side play when it comes to taking planets or stations?
4) Will there be vehicles, fortifications, etc that players can use at launch on the ground?
5) Will ground and space battles be able to take place simultaneously and affect each other? IE: Can I call in a torpedo strike from my buddy in orbit, or if I take over a planetary defense weapon, can I turn it on enemy ships in orbit?