Thread: How's my Toon?
View Single Post
Career Officer
# 2
11-18-2012, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admspock2 View Post
Hello all! I just wanted to post this to get some feedback about how I could improve my toon.

Vice Admiral Setok

Career: Tactical Officer

Shields: Mk XII Advanced Fleet Personal Shields

Armour: Mk XI Jem'Hadar Body Armour

Weapons: Mk XI Phaser Sniper Rifle (Anit-Borg)*
Mk XI Tetryon Full Auto Rifle

Kit: Mk XI Tact - Operative

Devices: Fluidic Tribble
Frequency Remodulator

Setok has been trained in nerve pinches, is highly logical, and has honed his skills in improving weapons functionality (Gorund & Space)

U.S.S. Lexington NCC-91701-B

Type: Oddysey Operations Cruiser

Fore: Mk VII Tetryon Beam Array (Uncommon)
Mk XI Quantum Torpedo Launcher (Rare)
Mk XI Tetryon Beam Array (Rare)
Mk X Transphasic Torpedo Launcher (Uncommon)

Deflector: Mk XI Jem'Hadar Deflector Dish

Engines: Mk XII Combat Impulse Engines

Shields: Mk XI Jem'Hadar Resilient Shield Array

Aft: Mk XII Phaser Beam Array (Rare)
~ Retrofit Blue Phaser Beam Array (Rare)
Mk XII Chroniton Mine Launcher (Uncommon)
Mk XI Quantum Torpedo Launcher (Rare)

The Lexington is equipped with consoles that boost weapons and shield power, for the best in vessel operation.

Thatnks for reveiwing my specs, please leave any and all feedback below!!
Eh... I'd start off by making sure there's no spell checks here... Why are you a VA with a Mk VII Tetryon Beam? Is that supposed to be XII? Why Tetryon, of all things? I, personally, consider Tet the most worthless energy type. I prefer plasma, but that's me.
Second, your Tet full auto rifle. The full auto part is K... the Tet part really isn't. Tetryon is useless on ground. By the time it procs, their shields are ALREADY gone. Phasers, Disruptors, Plasma, Polaron, those are where to go. Come to think of it, the Jem'Hadar Rifle isn't too bad. Hell, the entire ground Jem'Hadar set is pretty passable.
Third... When you say "Anti -Borg Sniper Rifle", do you mean the MACO Battle Rifle, or a normal Phaser Sniper Rifle with a Borg mod?
Fourth up is your Shield/Engine/Deflector. You've got two parts of Space Jem'Hadar, and you're not using Polaron, so the passive is worthless. The 3-piece isn't too hot, so I'd recommend going with a new set. Retro Borg on an Odyssey is wonderful. It's a very survivable set. The only other really popular set for the Odyssey is the MACO Space set. I, personally, am not a huge fan of it, but it'll work.
Fifth: CONSOLES. Straight shield/weapon power isn't a good idea. You're running an Odyssey, it'll have enough power anyway. I highly recommend going AT LEAST two RCS Accelerators for turn rate. Some Neutronium Armor wouldn't be bad, either. Take, as well, some Warhead Yield Chambers and Directed Energy Distribution Manifolds in Tactical slots for increased damage. Science... Go for the Assimilated Module and a few Field Generators for increased Shield Cap. It's kind of dated, but this is my Odyssey Item build. It's geared more for Tanking than damage, but she's a HELL of a tank. The devices are effectively interchangeable wit whatever you have.

Other than that, you're pretty good. Just skill up properly, and you're set.
CHARACTER GRID (@Lord-Ice):
___ |___ _ Fed ____| ____ _KDF __ ____| Rom
Tac_|_Thomas Hale_| __ __Illusion _____| Silence (K)
Eng | ___Antilles _ _| _ Mirror Rygobeth__| N'Vek (F)
Sci _| __ Rygobeth _| _Lukor Son of Q'Tar | Devala (F)