View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 27
11-19-2012, 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack12c View Post
I have yet to be one hit (ship build and spec helps against it) There hasn't been any invisible torpedoes (turn up your graphics) and as for the heavy plasma toros use something that never misses like a tractor. Just because they turned up the difficulty in the hardest missions in the game (like they should have) everyone crys. I like the new STF's why because you need teamwork, in S6 you could almost solo an stf and now you can't. A quote comes to mind on this one adapt and overcome.
First: The invisible torps are a fact of STO! Non-heavy torp animations are not tied to the actual effect, and the animation may hit you a few seconds before the damage is applied, a few seconds after, or never. This is a long standing STO issue, acknowledged by the devs several times over the last years. (especially in relation to cloak vs. invisible torps). Graphics settings has nothing to do with it, it's just a poorly implemented game mechanic.

Not being able to see them coming prevents you of hitting resists when needed. Heavy torps are not an issue, those you can see and shoot down.

Quote:
[Combat (Self)] Gateway deals 17530 (51901) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Torpedo.
1. This is NOT the highest hit I've seen from normal torps.
2. This one can be fired every 3 seconds. Meaning you'll have multiple DoTs much of the time.
3. This one has a 1000 damage per tick DoT. Even with a high aux Hazard, you'll be able to keep up with this only 1/3 of the time. Even with only one DoT.
4. The damage from this one is also high enough to take down your shields.
5. Normal torps are fired not only at the focused target, but also randomly at other targets, tieing up team HE support.

If you don't have an issue with this, it's most likely you're not being targeted. The un-targeted will usually have just enough heals to keep himself alive, leaving no HE to share with the one being targeted.